Judy graduated from UPE in South Africa with B. Bdg. Arts in 1989 and B. Arch. in 1993, also gaining a year's practical experience with Siegfried Schmidt & Hicks Partnership. She joined Smuts & Boyes Architects in Cape Town in 1994 for a year and thereafter ID Technologies - a Professional Project Management Company.
Two years later Judy became a Design & Drawing Office Manageress responsible for client liaising and co-ordination of projects. Judy left the industry in 2003 for a family life. However in August 2007 she joined NOH Architects and was soon back in full swing by being responsible for all steelwork details for the Nelson Mandela Bay, 2010 Fifa World Cup Soccer Stadium. There, she proved her ability to work with very large and diverse teams of consultants and contractors.
Soon thereafter, Judy took on the role of project Architect for a new 2007m² Library on the Missionvale Campus of the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University for which she later received an Award of Commendation from the South African Institute of Architects (Eastern Cape).
In more recent years Judy continued to lead interesting projects which included "Bhisho Contact Centre" for the Eastern Cape Provincial Government and the "Bitumen Lab" for the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, North Campus, for which she was Principal Agent and Project Architect.
Judy started her professional career in Australia by joining e+architecture in 2016 to assist in the delivery of Education Facilities.
SACAP (South African Council for the Architectural Profession) Registration No. PrArch21335
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
University of Port Elizabeth (UPE) 1993
Bachelor of Building Arts (B.Bdg.A)
University of Port Elizabeth (UPE) 1989
- Bitumen Lab, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) – North Campus, Port Elizabeth
- Contact Centre, Bhisho - Eastern Cape Capital
- Upgrade to Magistrates Court, King William’s Town, Eastern Cape
- Massacre Memorial Upgrade, Bhisho - Eastern Cape Capital
- Bhisho Revitalization Master Plan, Bhisho - Eastern Cape Capital
- Zwide Olympic sized Swimming Pool and related facilities, Zwide, Port Elizabeth
- New Library (2007m²), NMMU - Missionvale Campus, Port Elizabeth
- Conversion of existing Library into Student Life Centre:
- Conversion of existing Cafeteria into Fitness Centre.
- Upgrade to Sport Centre Foyer Area and VIP lounge
- Accessibility Solutions for the Disabled
- Alterations to Nursing Labs
- New Glasshouse and Fish tank Buildings
- 2010 Fifa World Cup Soccer Stadium (Steelwork package), Port Elizabeth